8. august - 12. augustkl. 15:00 - 12. august
Parkudden, Barnens Ö, 760 40 Väddö
Welcome to the Nordic Attac Summer Forum!
Velkommen / Tervetuloa / Välkommen!
9-12th of August 2012 – Barnens ö,Stockholm
The Nordic Attac Summer Forum will be held from the 9th – 12th of August on idyllic Parkudden, an hour north of Stockholm. Attac’ies from all the Nordic countries will meet for political, cultural and social exchange, in addition to sun, swimming and sauna!
Place: Parkudden, Barnens ö, appr 1 hour north ofStockholm. Suitable premises, bath, football, sauna etc. Read more: http://www.stbd.se/parkudden.aspx
The Nordic Attac organisations invite you to be part of a summer forum where we share experiences on ongoing campaigns, learn more about the current crises and discuss alternatives. There will be time to reflect and relax, and to work on specific campaigns!
Participants’ fee is 600 SEK for food and lodging during 4 days.
For Norwegian participants: pay 510 NOK to Attac Norway’s account: 900.105.91154, mark the payment with “Nordisk Sommerforum”.
Arrivals in the evening Wednesday 8th or in the morning on Thursday 9th.
Thursday 9th of August
Theme: The Nordic Political Situation and the Nordic Attac chapters
- Update on the Nordic countries, followed by discussions in smaller groups to get to know each other.
- A presentation of the campaign for tax haven free cities.
- Is the Nordic Welfare Model still relevant? The beginning of a discussion on strategies and tactics.
Friday 10th of August
Theme: The situation in Europe
- The economic, democratic, political and social situation in Europeas it evolves.
- A European case study: Spain. Introduction by Cristina Asensi, Attac Spain.
- Strategy and tactics in Europe. The fight against the austerity programs. Open session.
Saturday 11th of August
Theme: Political Campaign Work
- Media and their disinformation campaigning, with the example of Greece.
- Our language – are we working consciously with words and phrases? Are we too concentrated on facts and too little on our basic values and feelings?
- Lobbying, networking, alliance-building – our experiences from different countries and situations (Open session)
- Bank actions – Workshop. Experiences from creative campaigning in Malmö and future visions.
- Campaigns. What’s on for autumn 2012?
Sunday 12th of August
Time to sum up our collective positions, proposals and ideas for campaigns.
*** *** ***
There will be time for smaller group discussions and other activities, in the morning, between 12.00 and 15.00 and in the evenings.
The general language in sessions will be English, but whispering translations can be arranged and direct translation if someone prefers to speak their mother tongue. Working groups decide language themselves.
Accommodation: Indoors approx 30 people. Possibilities for camping for 15-20 people.
Food: We will do our own cooking through shared volunteering.
We can arrange child care during sessions, if asked for.